Chapter 1: The WHY
The challenges posed by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can only be solved through a coordinated and collaborative effort.
- International and cross-sectorial cooperation between public and private organizations.
- Innovative tools to improve interactions with civil society and the productive sector.
- Leadership skills to manage co-creative processes addressing the Agenda 2030.
Main Building Uppsala University, Sweden
Chapter 2: The HOW
- RED4SUS aims to build capacity for Innovation Leadership in the Project Development Office (EDP, in its Portuguese acronym) of the State Government Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- Specifically, the program is working with the Design Thinking methodology to develop new approaches for sustainable innovation and SDG action.
- Design Thinking provides a solution-based approach to tackle complex problems that are ill-defined or unknown. It helps to understand the human needs involved by re-framing the problem in human-centric ways, by creating many ideas in brainstorming sessions, and by adopting a hands-on approach in prototyping and testing.
Panorama of Porto Alegre, Brazil
Chapter 3: The TEAM
RED4SUS is running between Oct. 2020 and Oct. 2021 in collaboration between 3 partners:
- Uppsala University (Sweden, Coordinator): Division for Internationalisation, Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering and Uppsala University Sustainability Initiatives
- Federal University Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil): School of Engineering
- State Government Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil): Project Development Office
RED4SUS is funded by the Public Sector Innovation Programme of the Swedish Institute.